Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Girl's Day

Girl's Day this year was on March 3rd. Yes, I know I've been lazy because it's April 1st now.

It's so much fun celebrating this Japanese holiday with Emi. Brenden is lucky to enjoy the benefits of having a sister. :)

This year Blaine took us girls out to dinner, so that I wouldn't have to cook. I didn't want to go far, so our only choice here was AppleBee's.. :( Oh well... at least I didn't have to cook.

The Girls.


Then after it's tradition to have cake in Japan for Girl's day.

Here's the kids getting excited for their cake.


And waiting patiently to eat their cake...


And what did Emi get for her Girl's Day present???

A big ole shiner on her head!!!
She was riding on her bike, when she fell down and head planted on the road. She was so funny and said, "Mom, my boo boo looks like the street!." It really does! It looks like the street was stamped on her forehead. Really strange... but kind of funny. That's my lesson for wearing a helmut, though.


Happy Girl's Day!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

If anyone can wear a shiner beautifully, it's Emi. Poor girl though. I think girls day is an awesome holiday. You're a fun mom to celebrate it with her and keep the tradition going. Miss you!

Alison said...

I wouldn't have noticed the shiner if you hadn't said anything. She's still a gorgeous little girl. That cake looks delicious! Happy girls day!

Cassidy said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the idea of a Girls Day!

Heslop Family said...

I love girls day, I need to instate that at our house! Your kids are so cute and growing way to fast!! We miss you guys so much. Come back to Tn so we can hang out again!