Sunday, May 22, 2011

Goodyear Ballpark

Who knew that we had a ballpark so close to our house? And a nice one, too!!! I don't know about you, but I was pretty shocked. We totally missed spring training this year, but next year we are going to have to mark our calendars to come out here for some games.

In the middle of April, we got to tour the Goodyear Ballpark where the Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds come out for Spring Training. It was cool to go behind the scenes to all the different areas of the ballpark. The one place I really wanted to go on was the baseball field, but they had just fertilized the grass, so we weren't able to. Shoot, one day...


I have no idea who this mascot is, or what he was doing or representing. But I thought my kids would like this mascot because he kind of looks like Patrick from Spongebob, but they didn't.


Emi posing in front of the baseball field. Seriously, how do they get their grass so green and pretty? I want my grass to look like that. I wonder if they have a type of grass called baseball field grass. Well, anyway, that's what I want.


In the locker room. Emi is like, "Mom, stop taking pictures of me already!". Sorry, but your brother hates having is picture taken, so sorry, it's just you.


What a fun experience! Next spring, we'll be there!

No comments: